Many of the kavyas were composed during the rule of Vijayanagara. Later in 1646 the fort became a part of Golconda territory. Later was conquered by Mysore rule till 1792. The destroyed temples located near the fort are saivite and vaishnavite pantheons, Raja mahal, Rani mahal, etc.
There are two Mahals in the fort the lower one is made up of stone and the upper one is made up of brick. The kings palace is known as Raj Mahal and the Queens palace is known as Rani Mahal. Towards the east of the palace lies the town and towards south is a huge wall.
The three storied Kings Palace has Indo-Saracenic architecture of Vijayanagara period. There are huge towers made up of stone, brick, etc which are the symbols of Hindu architecture. The tower in the hall is placed in the center.
The Queen's Palace has beautifully designed quarters on first floor with flat roof. The so designed Queens palace was used as commander’s quarters.
Sound & LightShow
Nov-Feb: 6.30 pm to 7.15 pm
Mar-Oct: 7.00 pm to 7.45 pm
2nd Show (English):
Nov-Feb: 7.30 pm to 8.15pm
Mar-Oct: 8.00pm to 8.45 pm